St. Sebastian Parish School
To Schedule a School Tour, Please Call 330-836-9107
For More Information for Parents, click HERE.
To Learn More About our Principal, click HERE
Since 1928, St. Sebastian Parish School has been home to more than 5,800 graduates combining a long and impressive history with a solid Catholic education. More than our academic heritage and stately architectural design, St. Sebastian represents a place of learning that is family-centered and welcoming.
St. Sebastian Parish School offers a robust curriculum and continues to place technology as a priority for the school. Our students have the latest technology at their fingertips. Students have daily access to iPads, chromebooks and laptops to assist in their learning in every subject, and our faculty is committed to professional development where they learn the latest curriculum trends in technology. Our Math program utilizes a web based learning system called Think Through Math. It is designed to deepen the understanding of critical math skills and each lesson is tailored to meet the individual student’s needs. We have SMARTboards in every classroom including both kindergarten classrooms, a state-of-the-art Science Lab and a brand new Technology Learning Lab that was completed in August 2015. This new lab gives our school a much-needed upgrade of hardware and software. The lab has new wiring, a new ceiling, and new floors, as well as upgraded seating, tables, and lighting. A new glass door and glass windows was installed to connect the Technology Learning Lab to the School Library, which will open the space for more students to use it.
St. Sebastian Parish School concentrates on inspiring the critical-thinkers and problem-solvers of tomorrow. In September, the Parish school launched its’ new STEM education program that emphasizes Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The program in year one focuses on professional development, robotics, coding and hands-on, student centered investigations across all grade levels. The goal is for students to learn how to question, think, analyze, predict, evaluate, communicate, collaborate, design and create in ways critical to STEM fields. Skills and knowledge in STEM topics will benefit students and help prepare them for careers in this increasingly important segment of our economy.
Outside the classroom, there are numerous activities students can participate in such as Power of the Pen, Academic Challenge, Robotics and Drone Club, MATHCOUNTS, Science Olympiad, Coding, Soap Box Derby, Student Council, Students Ambassadors, the school band, Youth Ministry and a book club to just name a few.
Our students are encouraged to participate in various service projects. This year alone, St. Sebastian students will make over 1,000 bag lunches for the needy, they will work in the school garden where all produce grown is donated to the Good Samaritan Hunger Center and they will raise money for numerous causes such as Project Hope, Hurricane Relief and Operation Rice Bowl.
We encourage you to come tour our school and see how our children are flourishing. For more information please call 330-836-9107 or click here to learn more.
Important Dates Coming Up...
Visit our School News page for more important dates coming up.
In The News
- April 13, 2017 - St. Sebastian Parish School Computer Teacher Receives National Award. Read full story.
- April 10, 2017 - St. Sebastian Parish School 6th Graders Volunteer at Akron Food Bank. Read full story.
- March 28, 2017 - St. Sebastian Parish School Receives STEM Designation. Read full story.
- March 9, 2017 - St. Sebastian Students Recognized as Team Players in February. Read full story.
- March 2, 2017 - St. Sebastian Student Qualifies for State Geography Bee. Read full story.
- February 13, 2017 - St. Sebastian Students Donate to the Christ Child Society of Akron. Read full story.
- February 9, 2017 - St. Sebastian Parish School Spelling Bee. Read full story.
- January 25, 2017 - St. Sebastian Students Qualify for POP Regional Tournament. Read full story.
- January 3, 2017 - St. Sebastian Student Council Toy Drive. Read full story.
- December 19, 2016 - St. Sebastian 7th Grade Students Take First Place in Video Contest. Read full story.
- December 15, 2016 - St. Sebastian Students Make Pet Warmers For Pets Waiting to be Adopted. Read full story.
- December 6, 2016 - St. Sebastian Parish School Santa Shop. Read full story.
- December 5, 2016 - St. Sebastian Parish School Canned Food Drive. Read full story.
- November 28, 2016 - St. Sebastian Third Graders Make Muffins for Hunger Center. Read full story.
- November 21, 2016 - St. Sebastian Crafty Terriers Create Wreathe for Hospital Tree Festival. Read full story.
- November 4, 2016 - St. Sebastian First Graders Bake Cookies for the Peter Maurin Center. Read full story.
- November 1, 2016 - St. Sebastian Parish School Hosts Explorer Days. Read full story.
- October 11, 2016 - St. Sebastian Students Donate to the Halo Foundation. Read full story.
- October 4, 2016 - September Spectacular Raises Over $120,000 for the School. Read full story.
- June 23, 2016 - 6th grader, Madison Najeway Competes in Mantua Soap Box. Read full story.
- May 26, 2016 - St. Sebastian Students Donate to the Red Cross. Read full story.
- March 15, 2016 - St. Sebastian Team Wins 1st Place at Power of the Pen Regionals. Read full story.
- March 7, 2016 - St. Sebastian Teams Wins CYO Sportsmanship Award. Read full story.
- March 1, 2016 - St. Sebastian Student Qualifies for State Geography Bee. Read full story.
- February 29, 2016 - St. Sebastian Parish 6th Grade Girls Win CYO Basketball Championship. Read full story.
- February 9, 2016 - St. Sebastian Parish Hosts 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament. Read full story.