Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP)
Would you like to raise money for the school AND reduce your tuition by simply buying groceries and making your normal purchases you make every week? If your answer is yes, read on.
The St. Sebastian TRIP program allows you to purchase gift certificates on a regular basis that spend just like cash at major retailers. But a percentage of each dollar you spend goes to fund the St. Sebastian tuition fund. The same percentage goes to your own special account that is used the following year as a credit to your tuition!
You may be thinking "Yeah, right, I'm going to have to go to some obscure retailers that are desperate for my money." Well, only if you think stores like ACME, Giant Eagle, Bob Evans, Friday's, Pizza Hut, LL Bean, Penney's, Old Navy, Bath and Body Works, Blockbuster, Starbucks, Lowe's, Best Buy, Speedway and a host of many other nationally known establishments are obscure!
Nearly 100 families will receive tuition credits as a result of their participation in the TRIP program this past school year.
Click on the order form to see just how many places you're already spending money that can now make you money! Fall order and pick-up dates are:
Program Rules and Guidelines
- Registrants may direct their tuition credit to their own personal account, or to the general tuition fund. Participants may receive additional credit by placing orders for relatives, friends, or coworkers.
- Credits may only be used toward tuition. If your child leaves St. Sebastian for any reason other than graduation, you forfeit the dollars in your tuition credit account to the general fund. If the only child in a family graduates from St. Sebastian, a check will be cut to the family for the tuition credit, if desired.
- TRIP certificates must be treated as cash. If your certificates are lost or stolen, it is not possible to re-issue them. St. Sebastian School will not be held responsible for lost or misplaced certificates after they are picked up.
- Tuition credits will be held in a master account and transferred once per year in June. The credit you earn will be used to reduce next year’s tuition. If you pay via FACTS, your FACTS payment will be reduced by the amount of the credit, spread over the entire year. If you pay in full, your tuition amount will be reduced by the credit. You will receive a statement in June indicating your tuition credit earned.
- Prefunding of tuition is allowed for a period of up to two (2) years. A current parishioner with children who are not yet of school age may purchase TRIP and earn tuition credit that can be applied upon enrollment in the school. If the child does not enroll in the school, the tuition credit is forfeited into the General Tuition Fund.
- If incorrect certificates are ordered due to a St Sebastian error, we will correct the order. However, if you ordered incorrectly, we cannot accept returns or issue refunds.
- All certificate orders must be paid by a check or money order made payable to St Sebastian TRIP at the time of placement of the order. Please do not send cash. Scrip certificate payments are not tax deductible because you receive dollar for dollar value.
- If your check is returned because of non-sufficient funds (NSF), you will be charged a $20 fee payable to St. Sebastian School. After two NSF checks are tendered on your account, your scrip ordering privileges will be limited to money order only.
- Participants will be automatically re-enrolled for the next school year, using the same tuition credit allocation from the previous year. If a different credit allocation is required, then a new registration form must be completed.